Monday, January 12, 2009

Back from Whistler

Well we all survived the week-long trip to Whistler, B.C. relatively unscathed. I learned how out of shape I've become over the past year. Apparently sitting in a cubicle 7 hours per day isn't very good for your leg strength. I learned a few more things, too:

--Delta sucks. They charge 50 bucks for extra bags, aren't very friendly, the seats are cramped, and it took our bags 1 hour to come to baggage claim when we arrived in Philadelphia.

--Southwest is as good as advertised. Tickets are cheap, no charge for extra bags, staff is friendly. The seats are pretty cramped, but they do give you cool little Ritz snacks for free.

--Seattle's pretty cool. At least I think it is, having driven past it twice.

--Washington State is beautiful. The whole Pacific Northwest has a very different feel than South Jersey. Very wet (it rained on the trip back), dark green, and lots of water. Plus the mountains. It made the 5 hour trip to and from Whistler easier to handle.

--Skiing rules. It just does. Tiring, but so relaxing. I feel much more refreshed after this week-long trip to Whistler than I did after my sojourn to England. Maybe it's the fact that it's my second week off in the past 6 weeks. But I do think that the skiing itself has something to do with it. That's a valuable lesson going forward, I think.

--Work isn't so bad. I mean...I have a job. I have an apartment. Life's good.

--New York is funny. I'm slowly getting into things over here. The heat in my apartment's out, I'm having a mini-dispute with my landlord over broken doors, and a coworker of mine complains constantly about the overly loud copulating couple in the apartment next to hers. Seems appropriate somehow.

--Anyway, back to work. Back to blogging (sort of). Back to reality.

No comments: